Allergies are a struggle for over 45 million Americans. You don’t need to suffer needlessly. Our clinicians offer cutting-edge diagnosis and treatment options that can help.
Rhinology deals with issues related to the nose and sinuses. This includes seasonal and environmental allergies, recurring sinus infections, ear infections, and tonsillitis, to name a few.
Nose & Sinus Symptoms
Airborne and food allergens can cause numerous symptoms and chronic conditions in the ear, nose, and throat region. Some common symptoms include:
- Runny nose and/or nasal congestion
- Post-nasal drip
- Sinus pressure
- Chronic sore throat, hoarseness, and/or cough
- Fullness, popping, or itching of ears
- Itchy or watery eyes
- Skin rashes
- Food intolerances or stomach bloating
- Fatigue or headaches
Nose & Sinus Conditions
At Piedmont Ear, Nose, Throat and Related Allergy, our board-certified Otolaryngologists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of all rhinology-related issues. Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Seasonal allergies / Hay fever (tree, grass, and weed pollens, or mold)
- Environmental allergies (pollen, dust, mold/microbes, animal dander, or cockroaches)
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Recurring sinusitis
- Chronic or acute ear infections
Many people continue to suffer from allergies because their symptoms go undiagnosed. At Piedmont Ear, Nose, Throat and Related Allergy, we use state-of-the-art testing and diagnostics to ensure you get the proper diagnosis for your sinus-related issues.
Our skilled clinicians begin with a physical exam and conducting a thorough health history to determine if allergies are aggravating your existing concerns.
We offer comprehensive allergy testing for all airborne and food allergens.
Once a diagnosis is provided, your doctor will work with you to determine the best course of action for your specific condition and situation.
Our treatments are personalized to your specific needs. Some of the treatment options we offer include:
- Over-the-counter and/or prescription medications
- Allergy shots or sublingual therapy
- Avoidance of the allergen
- SLIT / SCIT Immunotherapy
If you require treatment with allergy shots, we will provide you with clear instructions on how to do this safely at home. If you have a fear of receiving injections, we also offer sublingual therapy (placing the extract under your tongue for absorption).